Light Fishing Buoy
*Picture just for illustration purpose only
Light Fishing Buoy
New system for light fishing
Our light buoy is the result of close cooperation with local fishing companies and entrepreneurs here in Norway. This was started after the government in its time allowed fishing for mackerel, herring and other species using artificial light for more efficient fishing in the dark periods of the year. Today, the fishing boats use traditional floodlights in the wheelhouse or own lightboats, which gives the surrounding areas on land and light pollution that the locals complain about. The equipment is also not intuitive and easy to use, which is why we have developed a buoy for light fishing, which will give fishermen a tool to ensure efficiency in relation to the fishery, lower fuel consumption and thus increased sustainability.
The buoy can also be used for other purposes, where there is a need to illuminate large areas under water.
- Battery powered with charging adapter on board the boat
- Battery operation for more than 18 hours or longer *
- No light pollution above the water surface
- Better efficiency as all light is sent down into the water body
- Built-in GPS with own cloud-based monitoring system. Communication using GSM network, satellite or 2.4Ghz radio communication to the boat.
- Light quantity is controlled directly from the fishing vessel. Option to tune the light spectrum for yellower or bluer lights.
- Shackle and lantern for lifting mounted in the mast on the buoy
- Can be supplied with an underwater camera to monitor to see if fish are congregating under the buoy
* Different battery-packs can be delivered for longer operational time
- Positioning system so that the buoy stays the same position or drives itself to a new position using an electric motor. Controlled from the on-board app. This function can, for example, be used to lure the fish from the shallow water and into deeper waters so that it is easier for the boat to catch the fish.